Monday, February 27, 2012

Going Postal

First solo trip by tf-oto
First solo trip, a photo by tf-oto on Flickr.

Well, fortunately Mia didn't go postal, but we did go to the post office this morning.  Believe it or not, this was the first time that baby and Daddy have run an errand solo.  Lots of firsts these days, and I was just a bit terrified when I left the house for a 3 minute car ride.  Naturally, there was a line of patrons at least eight deep when we got there, with only two windows open.  She started to cry after a few minutes, and when the binky didn't pacify, it was time for the bottle neatly tucked in my coat pocket.  That kept her at bay until I got to the counter, and packed up and mailed my package.  I grew a bit frustrated when the counter gal ran it as a two-day instead of the overnight I asked for, so it took twice as long as I hoped.  Nervously peeking down at Mia, I noticed she continued to graze lazily on the ounce I gave her, bottle propped up with the stroller blankie.  What a good girl ...

Oh, and Happy 8 Week Birthday Mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment