Friday, January 27, 2012

First Road Trip

On the road by tf-oto
On the road, a photo by tf-oto on Flickr.

Miss Mia's first big road trip was to visit her mom's family in Pennsylvania.  I was plenty nervous driving 400+ miles in the constant driving rain with a three week old baby, but she was an absolute angel in the car.  I've heard many children love the motion and rumbling, and she slept probably 90% of the way there.  I also discovered that she loves Bruce Springsteen, because when I took the CD out, she started crying.  I suppose it could have been a coincidence, but I'd rather think she's a Boss fan.  After re-routing around a pretty nasty truck slide-off wreck in Dayton, where a truck started backing up at me while we were all at a standstill, Daddy got to perform his very first public diaper change at a rest stop just west of Columbus (where the picture above was taken).  It was also my first visit to a "family restroom" ... much nicer, go figure!  One question about Ohio though:  Does the state have ANY legitimate revenue streams other than posting cops every other mile on the highways?  It's complete overkill, which actually makes travel LESS safe, as everyone drives fast then brakes over and over again.  What's normally a 6.5 hour trip was a good 8 hours this time, with two stops for changes, feedings, etc.  I also discovered that our bigger car is just barely big enough.  It's amazing how much trunk, front and back seat space a 7 pound, 20 inch baby needs.  All in all, a safe journey.

1 comment:

  1. Sure enjoyed your pics!! Mia is growing so fast!!! Can't believe its already over a month now! Kendra

    ReplyDelete